Filing an Illinois Workers' Compensation Claim
Bloomingdale Workers' Comp Attorney
Illinois Workers' Compensation is a no-fault law, so even if your actions contributed to your injury, you can still qualify for compensation benefits. Mevorah Law Offices LLC offers free no-obligation consultations, and has the expertise needed to get you the benefits you deserve.
After an on the job injury, there are three things you should do in addition to consulting a lawyer in order to qualify for workers' compensation benefits.
- Seek medical care immediately. Under the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act, you may choose your own doctor.
- Report your injury, orally or in writing, to a person in management at your workplace. This notification must be made within 45 days of the injury, or you risk losing your right to workers' compensation benefits.
- File a Workers' Compensation Claim with the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission. To file a claim, you must fill out an Application for Adjustment of Claim.
- Some injured workers worry that filing a claim against an employer could cause negative consequences at work. However, in a workers' compensation claim most of the communication is usually between your lawyer and your employer's insurance company rather than your lawyer and your employer.
If your initial claim is declined, contact Mevorah Law Offices LLC. We offer free, no-obligation consultations, evening and weekend appointments and have the experience to handle workers' compensation appeals.
If you have been unable to work for three consecutive days because of your injury, your employer must do one of three things;
- Start paying you benefits.
- In writing, explain what information is needed in order to begin paying you benefits.
- In writing, explain why you are being denied benefits.
Contact Us at 630-932-9100630-932-9100 for a Free Consultation!
If you have been injured at work, we offer free consultations and flexible hours, including evening appointments. Contact us anytime at 630-932-9100630-932-9100. We have 4 convenient locations including Lombard, Bloomingdale, Naperville and Chicago.